Carbon Canister Test Stand
Carbon filter canisters are leak tested at 120 pph and flow tested at 180 pph.
A turnkey system designed and built by InterTech
Carbon Filter Canister Test Fixture and Parts
Test 1 – Leak Test
- An InterTech M-1075Y Mass Flow Leak Detector controls the test cycle. Two different canister configurations are tested to an 8.0 sccm limit at 20 kPa (2.9 psig).
- Downstream test method allows for fast test times independent of temperature changes and carbon out gassing effects.
- A specialized camera verifies the presence of a witness mark from the previous resistance flow test.
- User Friendly: The M-1075Y display of the test cycle and an incorporated R&R mode facilitate end-user set-up and troubleshooting.
- Reliability: Proven InterTech leak test instrumentation and fixture designs ensure production efficiencies. Patented bias leak technology assures fail-safe operation of the test stand.
Test 2 – Flow Test
- Two different canister configurations are resistance flow tested at the charge and purge ports.
- Configuration 1:
Charge port: supply air flow at 66 lpm – port back pressure should be less than 1.37 kPa.
Purge port: supply air flow at 45 lpm – port back pressure should be less than 1.50 kPa.
- Configuration 2:
Charge port: supply air flow at 66 lpm – port back pressure should be less than 1.50 kPa.
Purge port: supply air flow at 70 lpm – port back pressure should be less than 3.50 kPa.
- Speed and Accuracy: Feed back control maintains flow within a tight tolerance of 1 lpm results in less than 10% R&R at fast cycle times.
- Productivity: Only accepted parts are automatically ejected from the fixture.
To reach an InterTech Applications engineer call 847-679-3377 x250 or CLICK HERE